If you are passionate about the arts and would like to make a real difference in Harrow , we need you!
HAC Ambassadors are adult volunteers who help Harrow Arts Centre engage with local people. Using their local knowledge and experience, Ambassadors act as advisors and representatives, helping HAC ensure its programme is attractive to local people and that local people know what is going on here!
We aim to make sure HAC is reaching out to all communities in Harrow and that Harrow has a quality, popular arts service.
The role includes:
- Helping collect public opinion on HAC’s work, from people who currently come here and those who do not
- Advising on HAC’s programme and facilities and suggesting improvements;
- Helping promote HAC in the local area, at public events or through your own local networks;
- Helping HAC forge links with local community groups, especially those who do not currently use our facilities;
- Helping organise and run community events and festivals.
Since the scheme began in 2011, the Ambassadors have made a real impact on how HAC operates across all areas of our work, including changes in our brochure and website, programming, marketing, box office, facilities and front of house.